Building, Permits and Inspections

 Applications, Permits and Inspections

Welcome neighbors, to the Building Department for the City of Glenpool! We are a fast growing city in Tulsa County and are dedicated to creating a neighborhood living environment with good quality of life, development integrity, and a future vision of sustainability, while serving the ongoing needs of our citizens.

*We invite you to navigate through the web site to resolve any questions you may have or any information that you may need with regard to building in Glenpool*

The purpose of the Building Division is to establish minimum requirements to safeguard the public safety, health, and general welfare through affordability, structural strength, means of egress, stability, sanitation, light, ventilation, energy conservation, life safety and from fire or other hazards, while providing safety for first responders.

  1. Joel Huff

    Joel Huff

    Building Official

Helpful Information and requirements:

•Construction producing loud noise near residential homes are limited to 7:00 am -10:00 pm.

•Each development must have a specific concrete wash out station.

•Refuse containers must be on site during construction until it may be no longer practical to have them.

•Portable restrooms must be available for workers and kept in good condition.

•Trash fences must be installed at sides and back of the property once occupancies have started.

•All excavations must be protected by temporary fencing until they are filled in.

•Addresses must be posted on t-poles and on or near the building through construction.

•No permits that need attention will be accepted after 4:00 pm, unless they are simply left for review

•Inspection requests for the next business day must be received before 8:00 am any requests after 8:00 am will not happen until the next day. You may call your inspector to see if their schedule will allow them to get to your request. However, it will be the inspector’s decision.

•Occupied home utility releases will get priority status as time allows.

•No construction dirt, supplies, or material may left on the street during construction. They must be up on the site.

•Certificate of Occupancies are required for commercial applications: New building with a tenant, existing building or space with a new tenant, and change of use or occupancy classification. New homes also receive a Certificate of Occupancy.

Restaurant opening: Please be aware that you may need all or some of the following to open a restaurant/food establishment: Grease interceptor, three compartment sink, backflow devices, health inspection, floor drains, restrooms, commercial vent hood and utility sink. (not an all-inclusive list, just information)